- Be inexpensive to build using an extremely simple, one truss direction shape (30'x44')
- Have a main floor of ~1000 sq/ft (925 sq/ft)
- Have an open floor plan
- 4 ft wide hallways
- Use Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS) for external walls and roof
- Master Suite on Main Floor
- The use of attic roof trusses to add a bonus room
- No bedrooms above or below the Master Suite
- Garage/ living room on the sunny south side
- Clerestory windows that allow sunlight in while maintaining privacy
- Alternating tread stairs going up to the attic play area
Anyways, I have attached some pictures of the main floor. The basement and attic will be posted later. The basement will contain 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a family room, a laundry area and a space for food storage. The attic will just be a long room about 12' by 30' that will be used as a kids play area/ space for guests. The total square feet of the house will be about 2300.
Let me know what you think!